A good servant of Christ Jesus is one who holds fast to the truth of the gospel and demonstrates its reality in life and conduct.
Questions for Further Thought: “A Good Servant of Christ Jesus”
1. What are one or two characteristics of teachings that can lead someone away from a healthy relationship to Christ?
2. Do we desire to be a good servant of Christ Jesus in order to earn God’s favor? Why or why not? (cf. Eph. 2:8-9)
3. Why is it important to be an individual who speaks faithful, truth-filled words? (cf. Jam. 3:1-12).
4. What are some ways we can train for godliness?
5. What some areas where we can be an example of godliness to others? (cf. 1 Tim. 4:12)
Consider: Are we holding fast to the truth of the gospel and demonstrating its reality in life and conduct?