Pastor Kevin looks at Jesus’ path to the cross and our call to walk with Him “The Way of the Cross.” Each of us is called to follow Jesus in “The Way of the Cross” – a way of death, but also the way of victory and life.
Study questions for message (also in .pdf format below):
- What is the first thing you think of when you hear the term “cross”? Is the image that comes to mind consistent with how the Bible uses the term? Why or why not?
- How would you describe “the way of the cross?”
- What does it mean for us “take up [our] cross daily and follow” Jesus (Luke 9:23)?
- What do you think Paul meant when he said, “Put to death therefore what is earthly in you . . .” (Col. 3:5a).
- What role does obedience play in our walk with Christ (1 John 2:3-6). Is it possible to be a true Christ-follower without a desire to do what He commands us in His Word? Why or why not?Consider: Have you committed yourself to follow Jesus in “The Way of the Cross?”